Thursday, July 1, 2010

Caitlin & Animal Care

I haven't really been able to take care if the animals much since I only work in the mornings, but I have made food for the touch tank animals and oddly, I enjoy it. It seems like cutting up shrimp is my specialty. It was pretty intimidating cleaning the alligator enclosures since they sometimes hiss at you, but I get to give them clean, fresh water.

Aside from all that, I feel like I save the sea star's life when I get to remind children (and even adults) that they must keep them under the water at the touch tank.

I wish I had an afternoon shift though, so I could help feed the penguins and even have a chance to do bird rounds (though, just the name, doesn't sound too pleasant). At the end of the day, I enjoy everything I have had the chance to do.

- Cailtin Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home