Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Jen's Favorite Part


Geez, choosing a favorite is really tough because so much happens in the internship. What I enjoy the most is being able to meet new people and make friends. In a job, there may be people who don’t get along, but here, everyone is so happy and friendly, it’s family J. I enjoy working with everyone and having interactions with customers. Not one day is boring, something new always happens. I also like the positive attitude everyone here has. What can I say? I am totally going to miss everyone.
Another thing I enjoy is the Trading Post. People always come and tell me stories about the past experiences at the beach or how great the Aquarium is because of all this guest interaction we have here. I also enjoy seeing the different things brought in by people; every item tends to have a story to it. What always has me smiling while I’m here is facial expressions. When someone learns for the first time about whelk egg cases, or the amount of eyes a horseshoe crab has, I always see a “wow” face on both kids and parents. Even when I’m away from work, I find myself talking to people about horseshoe crabs when they wash up on shore. I will never forget about the time someone brought in a mummified burrfish (that was so cool!) or the time someone brought a box FULL of items…I seriously have to stick to the 2 items per day rule.

-Jen
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home