Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kale's Favorite Part


I have enjoyed so many different aspects of the Aquarium that choosing a favorite is tough. There are so many choices because everyone you are surrounded by has such a great personality and attitude. They are FREDS! My favorite activity may be the trading post. I think it is very unique. Guests are always impressed when you tell them how it works. Likewise, I’m impressed with the knowledge of children about the things that they find in nature. Kids have brought in everything from a full turtle shell to pieces of meteor. It’s fascinating! Even when kids don’t have trades, I still enjoy talking to them and letting them use the microscope or showing them a crab claw.
My other favorite part is doing Animal Programs. Where else would you get to hold a huge snake, gators, turtles or even cockroaches? It’s a neat way to interact with guests and I love when they face their fears. I’ve grown fond of my favorite snakes, Spruce and Miss Piggy!

The South Carolina Aquarium is a special and magical place, and the internship is as well. I am so lucky and blessed to be part of the High School Intern Program this summer! 2013 WHOOP!

-Kale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home