Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chelsea's thoughts so far...

So far my experience as a high school intern has been amazing! I've made new friends and also explored the different regions that South Carolina has to offer. I have gained the courage to handle animals I never thought I would ever come in contact with.


Today I learned how to handle a young American Alligator. It wasn't a bad experience at all. At first the thought of it had me horrified, but when I actually came in contact with it I realized that it wasn't a mean animal after all. Since learning to handle the American Alligator, I am excited about learning to handle Rosie, the Colombian Red-tailed Boa (~6.5 ft.).
This experience has not only given me courage, but also determination to overcome my fears. I am looking forward to continuing the wonderful experience of being an intern!

-Chelsea Hagan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home