Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lexi's Favorite Part


My favorite part of the internship has been learning. I love learning about new animals, plants, habitats, and fun facts about South Carolina. I also really like learning about other places around the world, like Madagascar where unique conditions and organisms are found. There are so many amazing things to know and experience around the world and even in our own backyard here in South Carolina. Working at the SC Aquarium has opened my eyes to the magnitude of the impact humans have on the environment and how crucial it is to protect such a beautiful planet.
Referring back to learning about the plants and animals in SC, it is amazing to realize how diverse our state is. Learning how to handle, spot (in the wild), care for and understand, nearly each and every organism here at the Aquarium really gives me a chance to expand my education and my experience.

I also learned a lot about people. I learned about people who live in states near and far from SC as well as countries from around the world. It’s so awesome to be able to interact with them. I also learned what it feels like to build close, family-like relationships with co-workers and supervisors, mentors, and volunteers here at the Aquarium. I can honestly say that I have met THE best bunch of people through this internship. I will be so sad when the internship is over, but I definitely will come back to the Aquarium to volunteer very often. It’s like family here and I’m very content with knowing I had the opportunity to take part in this program.
-Lexi


Lexi (left) and Alexis (right)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home