Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ashley's thoughts so far...

People ask me if my job is the coolest job in the world and I always say, yes! I have random people come up to me all the time and say that I am so lucky to have this job. It seems like the best job for an adventurous person, and it really is.

This internship is something I thought I would never get into. I was so scared when I got my letter from the Aquarium to see if I had made it. When I found out I did I was literally jumping around for 15 minutes. I would have to say this internship is the best thing that has ever happened to me!

Yesterday I took the alligator out on the floor for the first time. I was so scared when I had to get him out, but once I had him I was ok. The hardest part is when he squirmed around and I was afraid of dropping him. When I handle an animal I am not afraid of the animal, I am afraid I will hurt it!

I am glad I made the choice to join the Aquarium's Intern Program. It feels like another home to me. The people there are so sweet and so kind and I love my co-interns. I am so glad all of us get along so well! We never knew each other before this, but it seems like we were meant to work together. I am so excited to see where this journey will take me and hope it will be the beginning of many more exciting adventures.

- Ashley Mantilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home