Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nijeeah's first week

I have to say I was definitely pleasantly surprised. This is my second job and I know how jobs can be. So on the first day of work, I was extremely nervous. I guess you can say I had a few butterflies in my stomach as I walked from my car to the docking area of the Aquarium, now using my handy fob.



The nerves began to subside as I saw the familiar faces of Kathy, Kate, a few other interns and some unfamiliar but nevertheless friendly faces of a few volunteers at my first briefing. Later in the week, I began to find the briefings comforting as they were chances to meet new people and find out new information on the Aquarium.


Since the first day of work, I find myself growing tremendously. I have since taken out the alligators and the snakes out on the floor, handling them somewhat with confidence, ease and pleasure. Who would have thought?


-Nijeeah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home