Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Haley's First Week!


My first week as an intern can only be described as amazing. I was really nervous my first day, but it was totally okay. I met amazing volunteers, staff and guests. Getting trained with the alligators and snakes made me so experienced with reptiles of South Carolina. I have always been terrified of snakes and the amazing support from Kate and Drew and the other interns helped me conquer my fears. The constant help and support from my supervisors have helped me emotionally, but helped me better as an intern and I can use the information they have taught me to educate guests. The constant fast pace schedule makes the days go by so fast and I always find myself wishing I could stay longer. I experienced different regions when exhibit guiding and learned so many interesting facts. I also am able to learn stories from the guests which make this place seem so friendly. I‘m already bragging about my first four days so I can’t even wait for the rest of the summer.

-Haley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home