Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jen's last blog...thoughts and advice


This internship is FANTASTIC! I have learned so much about a lot of animals. What this internship really helped me on the most is figuring out what I want to do after high school. Because of the internship, I am more aware of the environment and my surroundings, and would like to inform others of what is going on and what they could do to help. Another very important trait the internship helped me gain was communication. I was once the quiet girl who stood by and listened, never asking a question and too shy to approach any strangers; now I can approach any stranger with a smile and no hesitation. This trait will definitely help me out in the future with jobs and interviews. The HSIP is so different from many internships, but it is so great that I hope the program continues for many, many years. It also helps gain trait that are a must for the “real world” out there.

My advice for the future interns? Enjoy every second of the job; this opportunity doesn’t always come. Always do your best on learning the information because guests will have tons of questions for you. Oh, and be nice and welcoming; no one wants to be around a grumpy, unwelcoming person right? Seriously though, ENJOY IT and CHERISH the moments here. It is so much fun and not everyone can say “yeah, I held gators and snakes four days a week all summer”, or even “I held baby sea turtles”. Enjoy it while it lasts because sadly, it will end.
-Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home