Friday, July 12, 2013

What Kale will miss...


Wow…time flies! It is hard to believe we are now entering the second half of the internship. It is definitely going to be a bittersweet goodbye (more like a see you later because I want to join the volunteers!). There’s so much about the internship to miss.

First of all, I could not have been blessed with better people to surround me during these 8 weeks! Kate, Drew, Ashley, John, Austin, Jaime, Shelley and the rest of the crew are AMAZING! Always there when you need something or have a question. The volunteers are great people and always have fun stories to tell about their Aquarium adventures. The college interns are awesome to talk to, especially since we’ll be heading off in a year. Lastly, the other 9 wonderful high school interns. I love each of them and am thankful we can experience the HSIP together!

I am also going to miss not only interacting with guests, but the animals as well. Husbandry is a very unique experience. When Katri, Jen and I have a few extra moments with Pippen, it’s the highlight of the day. Guest interaction is something I’ll miss because you meet so many people each with different stories and questions. I love talking with people whether it’s not at a cart, an AP, Touch Tank or Trading Post. This internship has completely shattered my shell and I’m becoming more outgoing than ever before.

It probably sounds like I’ll miss everything…and I will! This internship is so special and I’m very thankful for the opportunity.

-Kale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home