Thursday, July 11, 2013

What Lexi is going to miss...


Now that the internship is half over…I won’t say that it’s devastating…but it’s pretty devastating. It’s hard to think that four weeks have passed already. I guess it proves that time really does fly when you’re having fun, and that is exactly what this internship at the Aquarium is: fun, education and down-right amazing.
So many fun and cool things have happened. Watching shows, interacting with animals, animals’ enrichment and meeting new friends (and American flag cupcakes!). The thing that I will miss the most is the interactions and encounters. This goes for animals and people. Holding and teaching people about snakes and alligators (animals I’ve previously been afraid of) gives me confidence and also makes me feel like I’m making a difference by teaching people things (like the SC Aquarium’s mission statement says: excelling in education). It’s so important. I also really love the new people I’ve met. Meeting Aquarium guests who have traveled from places, like Hong Kong, Bulgaria, and Columbia, is an amazing thing to experience and hold conversations with them is even better. I love the college interns (Sam!), the part-timers, and the volunteers I’ve met. They’re all so kind, friendly and funny. They’re the greatest bunch of people. This is why it’s so hard to imagine not seeing them almost every day. I’ll really miss everything. All I have to say is that I hope these last four weeks really drag out!

-Lexi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home