Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kyri's First Week!


This internship has definitely been an eye-opening experience…and I’ve only just finished my first week! Not only have I taken in a vast amount of knowledge, but I’ve grown more comfortable and become more confident with my handling my daily responsibilities. I (with the help of Kate and Drew) was able to take Orville the corn snake on the floor, and also handle some of the bigger, more intimidating snakes as well. During a schedule sea turtle cart program, Drew educated myself and a few other interns on how to draw a crowd’s attention…this involved me wearing the sea turtle costume and getting swarmed by little kids. But, as embarrassing as I thought it would be, I LOVED every minute of it and cannot wait to do it again.

Being able to stay in motion and doing something different every 30 minutes is great! I am still getting used to the routine, but the journey is going fantastic! J Until next time,

-Kyri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home