Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kale's First Week!


My first week as an intern was even more exciting than I imagined it could be. The smallest things make my day every time I’m here at the Aquarium. Seeing a kid’s face light up when he has enough points at the Trading Post, watching a grown man muster up the courage to hold a starfish at the touch tank and helping guests conquer their fears and meet the snakes and gators. We have just a few highlights of my first week. Working in husbandry is really awesome too. Alexis, Haven and I prepped shrimp cups, and on a different day, Katri, Jen and I did the bird rounds. The actual work itself could not be more fun, but did I mention I’m constantly surrounded by the nicest people? All the interns, college and high school, staff members, volunteers and Aquateens are so kind and it’s great to get to know them all! I’m looking forward to what the rest of the summer has in store.

-Kale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home