Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Josh's last blog...thoughts and advice


The internship program has really been a fun and inspiring experience for myself and is a great summer program to commit to. It is a good stepping stone for any career path a person chooses to go into, whether it is in environmental sciences, communications or even business. I, personally, am so glad and proud of myself for even getting into the program and gaining the experience I need for my ideal career and future success. Guest/customer interaction is probably the most important thing I have learned from the internship. Saying hello, asking how their day has been, and having casual conversation has a very high positive effect on the Aquarium experience and does wonders for the guests. Interaction and also interpretation skills are crucial in making memorable experiences for persons of all ages. If there is any advice that I would give to future interns, I would tell them to just hang loose and not stress. There may be times when you are exhibit guiding or running a cart program and nobody is really interested about the props you have to show them, and you feel stressed or nervous because you are just standing still. Relax and just hang around, even check out and read the things you have out yourself or the exhibits around you. No matter what there’ll always be that one person who, from your interaction, will learn something new and enjoy your presence.

-Josh

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home