Thursday, July 11, 2013

What Haley will miss...


I try not to think about it being half over. I realize August is coming so fast, and June blew by, so I’m avoiding the truth. I’ve never wanted a month to go by so slow as I want July to do. For the last half of the year, I went to the training classes each month, I participated in the activities, and I loved each moment, each homework assignment, each PowerPoint and especially each person.  
I think that’s what I’m going to miss the most; the relationships and friendships I made. I’ll always be appreciative of Haven and Jax and Kate and everyone that helped me grow out of my biggest fear of snakes. Or all of the fun times we had at the carts or rolling out the Megalodon measuring rope at least a 200 times in a 30 min period. Or at breaks where we shared the funny questions and stories we heard that day, especially Jax’s stories cause she always has the best ones. I’ll definitely miss the briefings with Ashley, who always made me happy with her unmatched happiness, and Jon’s briefings when we would show off our knowledge of the happenings in the Aquarium.  The staff and volunteers at the Aquarium are a family, and when I got accepted into the internship I never knew I would be a part of that family. And as I end my ridiculously sappy blog, I’m definitely gonna miss the sea turtles.

-Haley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home