Thursday, June 24, 2010

Caitlin Smith - 1st week

My first week as a high school intern was pretty interesting and not as tough as I though it would be, even though I'm not good with all the stairwells. My favorite thing to be a part of is the touch tank. I enjoy interacting with all the children and being able to tell them interesting facts about the sea stars. I also enjoy being the one who gets them over their fear of holding a sea urchin.

The shark cart is really interesting with the games and puzzles you get to do with the younger children and I love the look they get when they unroll the Great White Shark rope and notice how large it is. That is one of those priceless moments!

I have enjoyed getting to know the volunteers. They are all very sweet and so nice. Another thing I like is being able to answer adult's questions. Normally teenagers feel intimidated that the adults will know more, but with some things I feel smarter and more advanced.

-Caitlin Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home