Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Desiree's end of the summer

I had an awesome summer this year. My summer was full of wonderful and unexpected experiences. It's sad to see our internship come to an end. I'm really going to miss the animals, especially the alligator, even though he constantly hisses at me and tinkles on me. I think that one of the things I enjoyed the most about the internship was the new girls I met. I loved the fact that we all got along so well.


Something I learned was that I never knew a costume could get so hot. Wearing the shark costume was like taking a shower in 200 degree water.


I would never have attempted to do some of the stuff I did at the Aquarium this summer without this opportunity. I guess the saying "Never knock something until you try it!" is true. I was the type of person who let my fears get to me, but I'm sure glad I had the opportunity to intern at the Aquarium and get past some of my fears.


To all you rising Juniors...this is a wonderful program and you should apply, even if you don't want this to be your major.


Thanks a WHOLE BUNCH Ms. Jaime and Ms. Kathy!


- Desiree Jenkins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home