Friday, August 7, 2009

Are you a "Fred"?

One of the key parts of the high school intern's job is to provide great customer service to our visitors.

In order to help the interns get a grasp on great customer service I gave them the book called "The Fred Factor", by Mark Sanborn to read. It's a great book that inspires all to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary everyday at your job and in your personal life.

I asked the interns to keep a journal while reading the book and here are some of the things they had to say:

"Why would anyone want to be a Fred?"

Aurielle - Be a Fred to treat others like you want to be treated. Be the best that you can be!

Chelsea - Doing the right thing does eventually pay off in life and people should want to be a Fred because it gives them a positive attitude.

Desiree - Nobody wants to be insignificant. Eveyone wants to count. You will feel good about yourself when you enjoy the things around you like Fred. The possibilities are endless!

Tiffany - If one person started acting like a Fred, the next person would do the same. Then our world would be better to live it.

Christina - If you are a Fred you can inspire other people!

"What did you learn while reading chapter 4 (Everyone Makes a Difference)?"

Courtneay - I should have a goal everyday to put a smile on millions of faces!

Mai - That making a difference shouldn't be a job, it's something you can do anytime for anyone!

Stacey - You can change a person's day with a smile!

Clarissa - I learned that no matter what good you do, it all helps and it will make you happier in life.

Ashley - Everything you do has an effect on your life as well as the people around you!

I hope this inspires you all to read this book and learn about becoming a Fred. It might just change your whole life (or at least your outlook on life)!

-Jaime

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali_Dukes said...

FRED! I totally forgot about Fred! I loved reading that book and I still have mine :) Oh, this is Ali Dukes by the way 2007 Summer Intern! I miss this job so much! It made such a big difference in my life. I made many new friends! I loved every minute working at the Aquarium and I really wish I had the time to go back and volunteer.

March 29, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home