Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lexi's First Week!


My first week as a High School Intern at the Aquarium has probably been the most information four days I’ve experienced outside of school. Along with the information I’ve learned thought the training classes, being able to first-hand experience the animals, regions and environments has taught me so much and ultimately opened up a whole new world for me and my view of South Carolina. I had no idea how diverse and beautiful out state was. Being able to see how the animals, environments and people interact has been enriching and extremely interesting. Already I’ve conquered fears of snakes and speaking to strangers, so the Aquarium is not only benefiting me educationally, it is benefiting me in a personal aspect.

Staff members like Kate, Drew, Jaime, Ashley and Jonathon have helped and cared for me as an intern. They constantly check to make sure I have and knot the things I need in order to succeed as an intern. Aside from being some of the best teachers I’ve ever had, they are the best people. They are funny and always smiling, telling other hello, encouraging and really friendly. I’m excited to get to know more the staff and volunteers over the course of the internship. I’m so grateful to be here and really anxious and eager to learn more!

-Lexi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home