Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Haley's last blog...thoughts and advice


My thoughts are a mixture of gratefulness and happiness. I love all the interesting facts and animals and opportunities that I was presented with this summer. I gained so much knowledge about animals, conservation and people skills. I definitely gained patience with people, and I learned how to be understanding and a good listener. This internship has taught me lifelong people skills that will benefit mu future endeavors.

For students that are looking into this program: DO IT! It will be the smartest decision ever, I am jealous of the people who get to the training classes and process next year. If you’re going to do it, then do it the best you can. Complete all the homework and read the homework pages. And most importantly, do not take it for granted. Every training class, every friendship made, every lesson learned, and every shift, don’t take it for granted. It will not last forever, and you need to value every moment possible. I was so lucky to be a part of the amazing High School Intern Program, and I hope the future students will consider all the hard work that it takes, and they should definitely do it!
-Haley

From left: Haley and Haven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home