Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Kale's last blog...thoughts and advice


The internship is almost over and I wish it wasn’t! These have been the best eight weeks with the most amazing people. I have gained knowledge and skills that will last a lifetime. I have learned an incredible amount about aquarium life but also have gained people skills and learned how to be the best coworker I can be…A FRED! I have been inspired constantly by all the education staff and part-timers. I’m really going to miss them. No matter what field we all go into, our Aquarium days were the best foundation us HSIP kids could have. Most priceless, I have gained 9 new best friends. We’ve had such a great time together both on the job and on the fun day/sleepover night.

My advice for future interns is to work hard in the training classes. Go above and beyond on your homework. Most of all, be yourself. When it gets to summer, don’t stop working hard! Enjoy each day because in the blink of an eye, it is over! Definitely be open to trying everything. For example, I never in a million years thought I would handle all the animals I did! You’re going to have an amazing time and I hope you develop a love for this place as much as I did! Good luck! J
-Kale


Kale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home