Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mai's thoughts so far...

I am so happy that I got to experience this great opportunity. This internship program has allowed me to learn and do things I never thought I could.


I get to wrangle an alligator from it's enclosure. That is quite exciting! I also get to handle a ball python, two eastern kingsnakes, a cornsnake and lots of turtles. It has kind of made me feel like the Crocodile Hunter...minus the crocodiles because I learned that they aren't native to South Carolina.


The best part about being an intern is that everyone is friendly and will to take time to help each other. All the interns, staff and volunteers are great! I actually have a senior thesis for my high school, Academic Magnet, that involves creating a public relations campaign to help an endangered species. I asked my supervisor Ms. Jaime for help and she aided me in picking the green sea turtle for the poster contest I am holding to raise awareness. Also, Ms. Gina, one of the Aquarium's graphic designers, is helping me set up a facebook page to network my project. Although this project is separate from the Aquarium internship, the staff here have been very helpful.


So, please support my thesis and join the competition for a chance at great prizes like free waterpark passes, Aquarium tickets and more! Aside from all that I have to say to future interns, "The internship is awesome and you should try it out! You'll have lots of fun!!"


- Mai-Trinh Pham

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home