Saturday, June 29, 2013

How Kale feels about husbandry...


Surprisingly, I really enjoy helping out with husbandry. So far, I’ve gotten a chance to participate with shrimp cups, bird rounds and sunning the sea turtles. Alexis, Haven and I do shrimp coups on Sundays and before doing it, I had no idea how to peel a shrimp. I’ll probably be a pro by the end of the summer because Alexis stays in charge of the cutting; big knives are not my thing.

The bird rounds are super exciting. Guests love it! It’s a really neat way for us to interact with visitors. I think it is my favorite husbandry duty because I love the pelicans and the owl, Pippen. She’s so sweet and Jen, Katri and I always love our time with her.

The sea turtle husbandry is such a unique experience I never thought I would hold a sea turtle! It was fun bringing them out to the beautiful Harbor Deck. Checking the UV and water temperature made Haley, Alexis and I feel very official.

So overall, I think I love husbandry-minus the pooping-but it’s just a part of life, right?

-Kale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home