Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How Haley feels about husbandry...


I think helping out with husbandry duties is a great learning experience. It allows me to interact with animals on a better level than just hoplding and talking about them. Cleaning the snake cages really allowed me to get over my fear. I learned that snakes really do poop and that their pee is a powdery substance. I would have never learned that if I did not help the husbandry staff.

My favorite husbandry duty is taking the sea turtles tanning. Getting to hold the sea turtles is possibly the cutest thing ever. I love helping them get Vitamin D and bringing then sun to them. The sea turtle process is a bit long, but every step is exciting.

Husbandry duties are exciting and I love getting the chance to work behind the scenes with the animals.

-Haley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home