Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lexi's last blog...thoughts and advice


The internship is literally the best thing ever! I’m so glad Kate came to my school to speak to me about this program. Every ounce of effort you put into becoming an intern is completely worth it. The encounters and activities you experience at the Aquarium are some that most people will never get to experience. I feel like the internship not only impacts the summers of the interns, but it impacts the rest of our schooling years (even through college) and the rest of our lives. Everything I’ve learned here at the Aquarium, I’m completely fascinated and proud to know. The experience at the Aquarium also makes me want to educate others about things like conservation methods, Madagascar, sea animals, Megladons, and Freds. Even if they are random facts, the information I’ve learned is valuable and interesting.
I’ve gained knowledge about the world around me, I’ve learned the massive impact of smiling and team work, and most importantly I’ve gained the friendship of 9 amazing people. Alexis, Haven, Haley, Jax, Jen , Josh, Jesslyn, Katri, and Kale are the best coworkers and I am so happy to have met them, and for that I thank Kate and Drew not only for helping me meet new people, but also being the best bosses EVER! It breaks my heart that it is so close to being over. *tears up*sniffle,sniffle* L

Some advice for the future intern kids is try your hardest not to procrastinate on your homework for the Aquarium (or at school J) and to know that it’s okay if you don’t know the answer to something. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or speak to people & be friendly and open to criticism. But most importantly HAVE FUN (honestly, though, it’s like inevitable). J <3 o:p="">
- Lexi
 
From left: Jen, Kale, Lexi and Alexis


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home