Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I miss the girls

I just finished reading all of the intern's last blogs of the summer and it really made me miss having them all here. We had a great summer and the time flew by so fast!


I hope they are all having a wonderful first week back to school and can't wait to see them when they come to volunteer.


Thought I'd give you some of the information from the summer:
  • 10 high school girls
  • From 4 different high schools (Garrett Academy, Fort Dorchester HS, Wando HS, Academic Magnet)
  • 8 week internship
  • They worked a total of 1532 hours (WOW!!)
  • This represents 306 total work shifts
What those statistics don't tell you is the huge hearts these ladies have. They worked hard learning all the information I threw at them to be good interns and they stretched their limits when it came to overcoming some of their fears. They added so much to our Aquarium, from their youthfulness to the extra hands on the floor and in the touch tank. These ladies were a fantastic group and I miss having their smiling faces in the building.


They are a wonderful group of young ladies and I hope that they will remember the experiences they've had here this summer (especially "Fred"). It was a great pleasure to supervise this group!


- Jaime Coomes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home